2007年10月14日 星期日

stuff

The world is already full of 'stuff' – as a designer, why do you choose to create more?

Josh Urso
Whether we like it or not, Stuff is our identity today. I create things that make me happy.
I’m also aware that my pieces create wonder and confusion in others.
I like the idea of Stuff forcing people to do a little thinking.


Tithi Kutchamuch
I do agree the world is already full of stuff, and I don’t want to create any objects only to get money out of people’s pockets.
The writer uses the pen as a tool, I tell my thoughts through my products.


Rafael Morgan
Designing beautiful things that can really make people think about things that really matter is never enough.
Poetry and art are never enough.
I think that the important thing here is not the object itself,
it's what is behind it, it's the story it tells, the feelings and emotions evoked by it.
In most of my projects I try to make a well balanced mix of art,
visual poetry, semiotics, design and other things that I consider important.
It´s just my nature, I love design and arts and I will keep doing this kind of crazy stuff until the day I die.



Visual Reference
It’s true. The world already has lots of stuff, including plenty of amazing objects.
But, life is richer when you’re surrounded by what you love and what brings you positive energy.
If you think of something that can enhance life in this way, making it has a legitimate purpose.
For us, it’s about making things that remind us that we are alive and that life is to be experienced.


Dan Golden
I agree there is a lot of stuff. I am a minimalist by nature and carefully choose how I furnish my home.
I don't see the rugs as stuff, however. I see them as a positive contribution to life and to living environments.
They are meant to connect people through humor and add an element of high-quality and lasting luxury to a space.
My humor may come across as light, but what I'm trying to do is often something more profound or deep.<br>

Laurie Beckerman
Why do I want to create more....that's a very good question.
I actually went through many phases in my life that I didn't make anything at all
because I couldn't find a good reason to. But now, later in life,
I'm getting to know myself better and having gone through some traumatic life changes,
all of a sudden I felt compelled to create. Maybe this sounds cliche but
it's as if something bigger is living in me now and is forcing me to do this.
It's a feeling that I don't want to leave this earth without saying what I came here to say.
What I want to express in my art is something simple and strong and playful and beautiful
and just give pleasure to anyone who uses or looks at it.


I also believe that everyone has something to say and that
there is room for everyone to make "stuff" because there is always going to be
someone else in this world that's going to respond to it. Art is so subjective anyway --
one person may get it and others may not.

沒有留言: